Why study Music?
The music curriculum at Dyson Perrins CE Academy aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Perform, listen to, review and evaluate music
- Are taught to sing, create and compose music
- Understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated.
At Dyson Perrins the intention is that students:
- Gain a firm understanding of what music is through listening, singing, playing, evaluating, analysing, and composing across a wide variety of historical periods, styles, traditions, and musical genres.
- Develop a curiosity for the subject, as well as an understanding and acceptance of the validity and importance of all types of music, and an unbiased respect for the role that music may wish to be expressed in any person’s life.
- Understand the value and importance of music in the wider community, and are able to use their musical skills, knowledge, and experiences to involve themselves in music, in a variety of different contexts.
Musical Instrument Lessons - Sign Up Form
If you wish to sign up for extra-curricular musical instrument lessons, please complete the Google Form below:-
Tweets by DysonPerrins