Parent Feedback Survey
Parent Survey 2022
Thank you to parents and carers who completed our annual online parent survey. Your feedback is always useful to us and helps us to plan future improvement priorities.
The following areas received the highest responses from parents:
- Students are encouraged to treat everyone equally.
- My child feels safe in school.
- I would recommend Dyson Perrins to other families in our community.
- The school’s curriculum is appropriate for my child.
- My child is taught well.
- Staff are friendly and approachable.
- The school offers a good range of extra-curricular activities.
- My child is happy at school.
We were delighted with the overwhelming proportion of positive responses but also recognise there are areas of the school we wish to improve further. Your feedback highlighted the following areas for us to consider:
- Communication regarding careers education.
Comments suggested that parents, especially of younger students, do not feel informed about our careers provision. We are in the process of updating the careers section of our website. Mrs Hanson, Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for careers, will write to parents shortly with details of what we offer in each year group.
- Communication regarding homework and progress.
We previously used Epraise for communicating homework, which was popular with parents. When we introduced Google Classrooms during Covid lockdown, we realised that setting homework on Epraise when it was already on Google Classrooms was doubling the work for teachers. We will provide more support for parents to ensure they can access homework deadlines via Google Classrooms and seek further feedback on any limitations of the system.
- Choice and value for money on what is offered in the canteen.
We are returning to one sitting at lunchtime and all students can access the canteen or food kiosk of their choice. There will be a move away from takeaway style meals served from the canteen. We plan to re-tender our catering contract over the summer term and will work with the successful company to engage with students and update menus.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback.