All Dyson Perrins items are supplied through School Togs, 32 Church Street, Malvern WR14 2AZ.
- The school’s uniform policy is designed to encourage a purposeful and effective climate for learning.
- It is expected that all 11-16 students wear full school uniform at all times, unless directed otherwise by staff.
- All students and staff should be smart and take pride in their appearance, dressed appropriately within the ethos of a formal academic working environment.
- All students should be aware that they represent the school, its ethos and its image, when wearing the school uniform – both in and out of school.
- Students should arrive and leave the school wearing the uniform within the expectations outlined below.
The Governing Body support the Department for Education’s views on the importance of school uniform:
"A uniform can instil pride; support positive behaviour and discipline; encourage identity with, and support for, school ethos; ensure pupils of all races and backgrounds feel welcome; protect children from social pressures to dress in a particular way; and nurture cohesion between different groups of pupils. Above all, many schools believe that school uniform supports effective teaching and learning and engenders a positive, calm and respectful teaching and learning environment. "
Academy Uniform Stockists
Dyson Perrins uniform items are supplied through our two official stockists: School Togs - 32 Church Street, Malvern WR14 2AZ / telephone 01684 578785 or 31 New Street, Worcester WR1 2DP / telephone 01905 28658.
Kitz UK - Unit 3, Howsell Industrial Estate, Howsell Rd, Malvern WR14 1UJ, telephone 01684 892439.
Shirts and trousers and skirts can be purchased from any retailer. All other items are available from our stockists. The academy also operates a second hand uniform shop within the Reprographics Office.
White blouse for wearing with a tie
Black skirt with academy badge embroidered, no more than two inches from the knee
|Boys:||White shirt for wearing with a tie
Ties: madeira red with white stripes and house coloured stripe (Years 7-10)
Blazers: Black with academy badge
Jumpers (optional): Black with red trim or plain black, with or without sleeves (Vnecked)
Shoes: Plain black shoes. They must be able to be polished; trainers/canvas/suede shoes are not acceptable, neither are sandal-type shoes or Doc Marten type boots.
All items of clothing are to be named.
No jewellery may be worn except watches, ‘medic-alert’ bracelets and a small stud in each ear lobe.
Trousers must be plain black only; full length, plain material, classic tailored style with no extreme
Any make-up should be minimal and subtle. Nail varnish and/or acrylic nails are not allowed. In all
We encourage students to have a warm coat, especially in winter months. Coats must be plain
Compulsory: maroon polo top, maroon rugby top, black shorts, black sports socks.
Optional: black ¾ zip up training top, black tracksuit bottoms, grey hooded jumper with academy badge embroidered.
Compulsory: maroon polo top, black skort or shorts, black sports socks.
Optional: black leggings, black ¾ zip up training top, black tracksuit bottoms, grey hooded jumper with academy badge embroidered.
All students will require clean trainers for indoor PE lessons and either trainers or boots with plastic studs for our all-weather 3G pitch.
Students not wearing correct or complete uniform will be challenged and referred to Pastoral Managers. Contact will be made with parents/carers to establish and support underlying causes if relevant. Any deliberate departure from the school’s dress code will result in appropriate sanctions.
These could typically include:
- Detention (loss of social time) break or lunch
- Uniform report
- Isolation from lessons and social time
- Sent home to remedy appearance in a timely manner
- In extreme or persistent cases, a fixed-term exclusion will be considered.
Students are also expected to have a pencil case with pen, pencil, rubber, pencil sharpener and ruler.